bzr→lp integration processes

I had a talk with Robert about how we go about landing bzr into
Launchpad; here are some notes:

 * we can land either point releases or betas
 * we can land as often as seems useful; taking things in larger steps
doesn't particularly reduce the risk
 * when we do land a change, we ought to make a note in the merge
proposal of what has changed in a way that might cause integration
fallout, and how to test it after it is integrated
 * we can also make a note of what we think the overall risk is
(low/medium/high) to perhaps get better calibration of those risks
 * changes, both upstream and during landing, ought to be done in a
way that will allow them to be backed out if the change turns out to
do poorly in production, in line with lp's general approach of making
it easy to do things and easy to undo them
 * in the future we can try something towards exposing new bzr
versions only to some projects or users at first, perhaps by having
Launchpad feature flags feed into bzr configuration variables that
turn new code on or off

Martin