Re: RFA: fixing login.launchpad.net

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:37:02 +1200, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:46 AM, William Grant
> <william.grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 12/07/11 09:26, Robert Collins wrote:
> >> (Thats request for answers :))
> >> login.launchpad.net is a vhost on login.ubuntu.com, with two key differences:
> >>  - its visually disturbing (some might say ugly)
> >
> > The next deployment upgrades it to the new (2009) Launchpad theme. It's
> > planned for late this week.
> >
> >>  - it has a more permissive policy for relying parties
> >
> > I think login.ubuntu.com is open now, so they're pretty much the same.
>
> Hmm, probably need to dig more into this; I thought our group
> extensions required a (policy) ack for the RP to get it.

No, the RP can get any public team membership it asks for.  You need a
login.ubuntu.com side change for an RP to get information about a
private team and to make the "this endpoint is not known" message go
away.  AFAICT there's no difference in policy between
login.launchpad.net/login.ubuntu.com (any more).

Cheers,
mwh