Re: Ian Booth graduates to full reviewer

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-09-06 16:00, Julian Edwards wrote:
>
>>> Ian's recent review of Henning's JavaScript branch shows that Ian has
>>> grown from a shy, good-natured, if-that's-alright-with-you commenter to
>>> a vicious shark who will go as deep as it takes to find out what's wrong
>>> with your branch.  And that's how I like my reviewers.  Congratulations
>>> Ian!
>>
>> I'm going to remember that next time I review one of your branches ;)
>
> Seriously, please do.
>
> A rubber-stamp approval can save you minutes or more in the short term, but
> it does nothing for your longer-term development.

I completely agree; I think we have more thinking about, and
improvements to make, to our review process, but when we do do a
review, if the reviewer hasn't taken the time to understand the branch
- it really hasn't been reviewed.

Sadly reviews are at an awkward point in the development process for
many sorts of feedback (which is one of the things we will benefit
from addressing, I think).

-Rob