Re: Oneiric vs Rabbit

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ah ok cool.  I was pretty sure PyPI needed a "register" in there (./setup.py sdist register upload).  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

register is needed when the project is created, to claim the
namespace. I *think* that that is on the CreatingNewProjects page but
perhaps passively ('should be on pypi') rather than actively ('run
./setup.py register').

> I re-looked at https://dev.launchpad.net/ReleaseChecklist .  I think this is mostly a good process and a good set of expectations.  In particular, I think a NEWS.txt file is good practice. I'd only change it in two ways.
>
> - Only produce sdists, not eggs.  It sounds like you agree with this.
> - Make no "announcements" requirements.
>
> I'm happy to make these changes if there is consensus.  Similarly, if there is consensus, let's remind everyone to follow the advice in the document.

Yes, if there is a NEWS.txt it should definitely be kept up to date.
And yes, sdists only and not worrying about mechanical announcements
were two changes I had in mind.

-Rob