Re: Preparing for 12.04 LTS

On Sep 15, 2011, at 03:22 PM, Robert Collins wrote:

>>>That's actually from hear-say and from a while back. I don't know the exact
>>>status of this today, but to me the biggest hurdles around this have always
>>>been the deployment issues.
>>
>> Can any other LP devs confirm?
>
>Yes. Its -always- about deployments.

Sorry, the main thing I was asking for confirmation of was whether Launchpad
is actually known to work with Python 2.7 and/or Oneiric.  Are any developers
using this combination on their dev machines?

>If we had a simple export PYTHON= and rebuild change, then a single
>deployment can upgrade us on all machines at once. Bada-boom,
>bada-bing. We do need to be reasonably sure before we kick the actual
>transition off, that its going to work, but instead of a Big Deal, its
>relatively no-brainer.

Very cool.  Anyway, assuming I can fix the last two build failures, I'm going
to try to build Launchpad in a Lucid VM with the PPA enabled.  Let's just say
it's been a while since I tried to build and run LP locally. ;)

-Barry