Re: making it easier to determine if an instance has what it needs to work

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do you think?

Adding it as a command line argument to the scripts and services means
it can only be run once the code has been updated and the service
likely down.

If we could encode these dependencies in a standalone script (probably
generated or reading a datafile), then we could run it from the
relevant account before we start a deploy. Or maybe we just push out
the whole tree to a test location on the target server, run the smoke
test as the target user, and if successful start the deploy. But
pushing out whole trees seems rather cumbersome.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/