Re: Daily exploratory test report: Bug 768148

On 09/20/2011 05:35 AM, Diogo Matsubara wrote:
> Hi Curtis and list,
>
> yesterday I started the daily exploratory test experiment where I try
> the new feature work. There was one branch requiring test, the fix for
> bug 768148.
>
> I opened a bug report and tried the person picker, searching for "gz".
> The search result returned "Martin [gz]" as the first match. Clicked
> on it and it was successfully assigned to the bug report.
>
> I tried a couple of times and got the occasional time out during
> search. More worrying, I got an ugly traceback similar to
> OOPS-2089AU44 when I choose to assign the user to the bug report.
https://lp-oops.canonical.com/oops.py/?oopsid=OOPS-2089AU44
does not look like a picker oops or anything to do with your action

Bug assignments can and do timeout on QAStating. I do not think anyone
has changed that code. Searching for users and projects always requires
a hot cache on qastaging.

> Another thing I noticed is that the expanders and affiliation that
> used to be there last week are not anymore. Is this a known issue?
>
> I checked with Ian this morning and the feature flag is enabled on
> qastaging and I'm part of the beta team.
>
> I'm gonna file a bug for that oops and wait on an answer for the
> expander/affiliation thing.
This is odd. There are a few things to keep in mind. The expands only
appears when the data is provided. Some searches, and some situations
will not generate the data requiring an expander. Consider the case of
trying to assign a person to a bug on someone else's project: the only
valid choices are your self via the assign-me link or a team you admin.
Little will appear in that case.

We could enable all the picker flags for all users in QAStaging. Most of
the code is in production. You can very performance and behaviour there.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui