Re: Daily exploratory test report: Bug 768148

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:28 PM, curtis Hovey
<curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09/20/2011 05:35 AM, Diogo Matsubara wrote:
>> Hi Curtis and list,
>>
>> yesterday I started the daily exploratory test experiment where I try
>> the new feature work. There was one branch requiring test, the fix for
>> bug 768148.
>>
>> I opened a bug report and tried the person picker, searching for "gz".
>> The search result returned "Martin [gz]" as the first match. Clicked
>> on it and it was successfully assigned to the bug report.
>>
>> I tried a couple of times and got the occasional time out during
>> search. More worrying, I got an ugly traceback similar to
>> OOPS-2089AU44 when I choose to assign the user to the bug report.
> https://lp-oops.canonical.com/oops.py/?oopsid=OOPS-2089AU44
> does not look like a picker oops or anything to do with your action
>
> Bug assignments can and do timeout on QAStating. I do not think anyone
> has changed that code. Searching for users and projects always requires
> a hot cache on qastaging.

As I said, it's similar to that oops. Not exactly that one. It's been
filed as https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/854695 and Benji
has a fix for it.

>> Another thing I noticed is that the expanders and affiliation that
>> used to be there last week are not anymore. Is this a known issue?
>>
>> I checked with Ian this morning and the feature flag is enabled on
>> qastaging and I'm part of the beta team.
>>
>> I'm gonna file a bug for that oops and wait on an answer for the
>> expander/affiliation thing.
> This is odd. There are a few things to keep in mind. The expands only
> appears when the data is provided. Some searches, and some situations
> will not generate the data requiring an expander. Consider the case of
> trying to assign a person to a bug on someone else's project: the only
> valid choices are your self via the assign-me link or a team you admin.
> Little will appear in that case.

I'm pretty sure the user experience was different last week when I
tried the person picker.

I'm attaching a screenshot for searching for "mats" on
https://bugs.qastaging.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/2112
There's no icon showing affiliation with the LP project and there are
no expanders for more info on any of those users.

--
Diogo M. Matsubara