Re: Mercurial imports as "beta" ?

On 11-10-05 06:33 PM, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 6 October 2011 08:21, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Of course we would like to fix the underlying issues, and we're planning
>> to do so but that won't happen overnight. In the mean time I think we
>> should temper expectations by mentioning Mercurial imports are "beta".
>>
>> Does this sound reasonable, and what would be the best way to go about
>> doing this?
>
> +1.
>
> People have previously put 'beta' badges on things.  Perhaps we can
> reuse that code, or generalize it.  I don't know which if any seemed
> like an especially good or relevant example, but just looking through
> the lp branch history may find something.

It's been ad-hoc up until now. But Deryck has accepted to build a
generic way to label things beta as part of the Custom Bugs Listing
feature starting next week.

So I suggest waiting a few weeks for the generic-beta-feature support to
land and then use that.

Cheers

P.S. I also think that labelling Hg import as beta is a good idea FWIW.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx