Re: Mercurial imports as "beta" ?

On 06/10/11 09:33, Martin Pool wrote:
On 6 October 2011 08:21, Jelmer Vernooij<jelmer@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Of course we would like to fix the underlying issues, and we're planning
to do so but that won't happen overnight. In the mean time I think we
should temper expectations by mentioning Mercurial imports are "beta".

Does this sound reasonable, and what would be the best way to go about
doing this?
+1.

People have previously put 'beta' badges on things.  Perhaps we can
reuse that code, or generalize it.  I don't know which if any seemed
like an especially good or relevant example, but just looking through
the lp branch history may find something.
Deryck's team are actually implementing a beta banner to be used wherever we have beta features in Launchpad. You could talk to him, or wait until the feature is released.

It may be worth having a longer explanation with the feature if it is likely to fail and a way out or to retry.