Re: Mercurial imports as "beta" ?

On 6 October 2011 00:57, Huw Wilkins <huw.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 6 October 2011 08:21, Jelmer Vernooij<jelmer@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Of course we would like to fix the underlying issues, and we're planning
>>> to do so but that won't happen overnight. In the mean time I think we
>>> should temper expectations by mentioning Mercurial imports are "beta".
>>>
>>> Does this sound reasonable, and what would be the best way to go about
>>> doing this?

Marking hg imports as beta is a great idea. The first day after I got
my driving licence I was still a terrible driver. People sounded their
horns at me repeatedly until, a couple of hours later, I bought some
green L plates (a way to show you're a new driver, in the UK) and then
the honking stopped.

> Deryck's team are actually implementing a beta banner to be used wherever we
> have beta features in Launchpad. You could talk to him, or wait until the
> feature is released.
>
> It may be worth having a longer explanation with the feature if it is likely
> to fail and a way out or to retry.

Yeah, Huw's design allows for a link to further info, so we should
write a blog post and link to that.

Jelmer, perhaps we could talk about said blog post today.

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager

https://launchpad.net/~matthew.revell