Re: Restarting the package importer

Thanks William, with the extra pieces this all makes a lot more sense.

On 18/10/2011, William Grant <william.grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> * Did all the packages that branch-distro needed to touch get touched?
>
> I believe so.

So the log from the --check run should be a complete list of the
problem branches. I wonder what if anything they have in common,
etckeeper I know was touched just before release.

>> * Is there any reason the package importer shouldn't be restarted?
>
> I don't know. The importer will work, but it will create a somewhat
> unpleasant mess of stacking that may bite us later on, and we've no idea
> why branch-distro failed to correct things.

Okay, I'll keep bothering people about the stacking issue. Thanks!

Martin