Re: Should team membership requests expire?

On 2011-10-17 21:07, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

This is an affirmation that I've seen mentioned a couple of time
recently, but I cannot assert his truth value. In my understanding, this
is still a myth. Launchpad users always have a preferred email address.
Teams might not have one, as person records that we imported but nobody
"activated". But as soon as a user "logs in" Launchpad, and thus become
a user, they have a preferred address.

As I recall there were two separate problems: one was with code that wasn't prepared to accept teams as persons. The other was with cases where a preferred email address is disabled.

How that could happen, I don't remember. But if an email address can be invalidated, deleted, or disabled, what's to say there will always be a preferred email address to replace it?

Jeroen