Re: CSS re-structure

On 19/10/11 00:47, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
On 11-10-18 02:03 AM, Huw Wilkins wrote:
One of the things I want to tackle for Launchpad is our CSS. There has
been some excellent work to clean up what exists in Launchpad (I believe
Curtis has been a big proponent of this). What we need to do now is
decide on some structure for our files as well as how we tackle layouts,
widgets etc.

I have started working on some ideas which I will post to the list over
the next few weeks.

To begin, some of the goals I have are:
- Developers should know where new CSS should go.
- Developers should know where to look for existing CSS.
- Parts of our CSS should be reusable by other web properties (e.g. our
wiki and blog).
- Less corner case CSS
- Developers should need to write less CSS for new pages

I have ideas for how to solve these things (which I will share shortly),
but if you have ideas about goals or other things you would like me to
tackle, techniques, structures, naming schemes etc. it would be good to
hear about it now before I get too far along.

Thanks Huw for pushing this important project forward.

That might not be a goal in itself, but we should probably make whatever
scheme we come up with be easy to access and use with YUI widgets.
(Which have their own kind of CSS convention.)
Thanks, that's worth taking a look at.

Cheers