Re: Hiding or disabling non-available actions

> A control should be hidden if:
> - It is never available to the user in this context (the user can not do anything to enable it)

I agree with the principle but it depends a bit on what you mean by 'never'.

Some of the cases that have come up in lp (and been handled inconsistently):

 * this control would be available if you logged in
 * ... if you had some greater privilege in this context (eg if you
were a bug supervisor, ....)
 * ... if you changed some configuration of this context (eg turning
on/off use of an application by a project)
 * ... you had some superhuman privilege (~admin etc)

It could be good to explain this in the style guide.