Re: help with yuixhr_fixture tests in my useoops branch

On 11-10-28 06:04 AM, Robert Collins wrote:
>> > I'd be happy to help look at this when I return.  That could conceivably be tomorrow but is more likely to be Monday.  I'd look at the logs when I ran the tests interactively as my first step. Maybe that would let you tackle it?
> What do you mean by that? {Sorry for noob question, but I'm allowed
> one a week :P}

My best guess to what he means is that he would use

make run-testapp

That runs launchpad with the same configuration used by AppServerLayer
tests (available on :8085). You will also have access to the logs like
when running the regular launchpad dev instance.

You can then run the tests interactively by loading the test through the
/+yuitest/ URL in your browser.

So looking at the list of your failing test, I would use the following URL:

https://launchpad.dev:8085/+yuitest/lp/testing/tests/test_yuixhr_fixture

And watch the logs :-)

You can even pdb things in this setup.

I've found that this wasn't really documented on the dev wiki, so will
take this opportunity to update it.

P.S. Robert, every month, I find myself visiting the Urban Dictionary to
find the meaning of one your expression. Thanks for the opportunity to
expand my geek slang vocabulary!

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx