Re: help with yuixhr_fixture tests in my useoops branch

Of course, I didn't test these instructions before sending them out...

Now, that I'm trying it out, I'm stuck on the first step:

make run-testapp fails with

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/run-testapp", line 26, in <module>
    canonical.launchpad.scripts.runlaunchpad.start_testapp()
  File
"/home/francis/canonical/launchpad/devel/lib/canonical/launchpad/scripts/runlaunchpad.py",
line 392, in start_testapp
    DatabaseLayer.tearDown()
  File
"/home/francis/canonical/launchpad/devel/lib/canonical/testing/profiled.py",
line 29, in profiled_func
    return func(cls, *args, **kw)
  File
"/home/francis/canonical/launchpad/devel/lib/canonical/testing/layers.py",
line 757, in tearDown
    cls.force_dirty_database()
  File
"/home/francis/canonical/launchpad/devel/lib/canonical/testing/profiled.py",
line 29, in profiled_func
    return func(cls, *args, **kw)
  File
"/home/francis/canonical/launchpad/devel/lib/canonical/testing/layers.py",
line 866, in force_dirty_database
    cls._db_fixture.force_dirty_database()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'force_dirty_database'

But that's a red herring, because it only means that the clean-ups
executed in the finally are run without the setup() function being called.

pdb shows that there is the following error that happens in start_launchpad:

OperationalError: 'fe_sendauth: no password supplied\n'

make run works correctly

So I don't know if make run-testapp is broken for everyone, or it's just
me that missed a configuration update because of the move to pgbouncer...