Re: help with yuixhr_fixture tests in my useoops branch

On Oct 29, 2011, at 5:07 PM, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Awesome, thanks Gary.
>
> This highlights a race condition I think:
> - the ErrorReportingUtility is configured and this is True:
> config.error_reports.error_exchange and rabbit.is_configured()
> - the config is changed, invalidating rabbit configuration
> - the first oops generated by the yuixhr tests causes the exception
> you captured
> - [should it be a worry that they are generating OOPS?]

I didn't look at the which specific tests were triggering the problem, but in general, yeah, this suite tests the testing machinery itself, so it wants to trigger problems and see how they are reported and so on.

You might be right about the race condition.  Some of your diagnosis doesn't quite click with me yet, but I like the plan you sent on the follow-up email: file a bug, add a workaround, I'll try to get my branches landed in spare moments, and I'll follow up with you in two weeks. Thank you for offering such a considerate option.  :-)

Gary