Re: UI simplification to "fix" a timeout

2011/11/8 Raphaël Badin <raphael.badin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> (I you agree that this is worth the change I'll make the new menu the
> default and remove the FF.)

I think the change would be a good tradeoff.

Launchpad seems very aggressive in removing feature flags compared to
some other projects that use them.  I wonder if we would benefit from
being more lazy and leaving them until they actually get in the way.
Launchpad seems to be benefiting from the "testing live" aspect of
flags but not so much from the "reacting to problems" side of it, from
what I see.  Looking at <https://launchpad.net/+feature-changelog>
(dev only url), all the recent changes are either enabling flags or
removing deleted flags.

For instance, in this case rvb is removing a feature.  I happen to
think it's a good tradeoff but sometimes users feel otherwise and
sometimes it takes them a while to notice or to get around to filing a
bug.  If the ff was still present, we could turn it back on, perhaps
for some users or for some projects, and get lower latency in dealing
with the regression.  (I'm only using this as an example; I don't
think it's unusually risky.)