Re: UI simplification to "fix" a timeout

> For instance, in this case rvb is removing a feature.  I happen to
> think it's a good tradeoff but sometimes users feel otherwise and
> sometimes it takes them a while to notice or to get around to filing a
> bug.  If the ff was still present, we could turn it back on, perhaps
> for some users or for some projects, and get lower latency in dealing
> with the regression.  (I'm only using this as an example; I don't
> think it's unusually risky.)

That's a very good point.

I suggested removing the FF for the sake of cleaning up the code related
to this FF but if this change is controversial (and the length of this
thread suggests it might be) it's probably a good idea to simply set the
FF on for everyone for now and see what happens.

R.