Re: Help wanted describing the rules of team membership

On 11/14/2011 03:02 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2011, at 11:13 AM, Curtis Hovey wrote:
>
>> Membership in an exclusive or inclusive team will depend on a signed
>> agreement. Users, sign agreements, so these teams cannot contain other teams;
>
> Was that a typo?  I don't think inclusive team membership should depend on a
> signed agreement.  Isn't that by your previous definition, exclusive?

It is a typo:
    Users sign agreements, not teams, so teams with agreements
    cannot contain other teams

> Example: anybody can join the mailman-developers or mailman-users lists, with
> no prior requirements.  Only people who have signed the FSF copyright
> assignment can join ~mailman-coders since those members have commit rights to
> the trunk.

There is a use case for an open team (inclusive) to let anyone join so
long as they obey the code of conduct. Consider the case the the Ubuntu
code of conduct in Lp, anyone can sign it.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui