Re: Bug list ordering

On 15 November 2011 03:49, Huw Wilkins <huw.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Let's talk about the bug start page for projects. I'm talking about pages
> like this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad
>
> At the moment we display the top 10 hottest bugs. There is no pagination or
> ordering controls. What do we gain by showing this listing? I'm not sure we
> gain that much. We get a small snapshot of bug activity, we don't overload
> the user with too many bugs that the user might not care about. Do we gain
> anything else?

To me, the question we have to answer is this:

  What benefit is there in preventing people from working with a real
bug list when they visit bugs.launchpad.net/$project?

I can't see a good reason but I'm open to changing my mind.

For the time-being, I think we should present a real bug lists in
place of the "Hot bugs" top ten. Dan is about to do some research into
what the default ordering and display info for bug listings should be;
we should see what comes out of that.

Longer term, we might want to do something more interesting on the
project bugs landing page. Perhaps an activity wall would be useful;
maybe not.

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager