Re: Bug list ordering

On 11/15/2011 11:46 AM, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> I'd prefer to fix [bug heat].  I think we should strive to capture user
> impact, because that's often disjoint from the importance assigned by
> the project.

Me too.

> Ah, so privacy's effect on heat means that the public list will rarely
> match the private one.

Exactly. Security is similarly a problem. I do believe security belongs
in heat scoring, but some issues may affect a few users under rare
circumstances that warrant a low importance.

Maybe the rule is that bug visibility modifiers should not out weight
the score of a group of affected users.

We might have tried to raise awareness of private and security bugs
because we do not permit users to search on them. Users need to tag bugs
are private or security to get a report of the bugs that they may be
trying to drive to zero.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui