Re: ec2 instance types for 'ec2 test'

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:40:08 +1100, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, if I measured correctly (which is not certain) then switching to
> m2.xlarge cuts the test run time from 4h40m to 3h40m.  Wow, I think
> you've just saved people a lot of time.

Yeah, I got an ec2 failure mail (with the error in
test_dateDueOldPreviousResult that's being discussed on the list) saying:

16911 tests run in 3:46:21.564715, 0 failures, 1 errors

so, yeah, seems like an easy win, and saves us maybe $1 a run to boot
:-) When we can land changes again, I guess I should change the default.

> My filesystem-tuning things have now built into an AMI in the
> Singapore region, but sadly it has a bug.  Maybe next time.

Here's hoping!

Cheers,
mwh