Re: ec2 test failures

On Nov 16, 2011, at 22:49 , Martin Pool wrote:

> Why would it return the same values?  Well, there are several tests or
> functions reached from tests that reset the random seed, for instance
> test_token_creation just sets it flat out to zero.

Actually test_token_creation is the only test that resets the seed and what you have discovered is an error in that test.  Anytime we set the seed to a specific value it should be reseeded when done so subsequent calls to random are not predictable.  Calling random.seed() with no parameter takes pains to do the right thing.

I've created a branch to fix test_token_creation.

https://code.launchpad.net/~bac/launchpad/bug-891641/+merge/82544

--Brad