Re: ec2 test failures

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 09:03:24AM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> On 11-11-16 09:12 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> > One way to fix it would be to allocate each thread a range,
> > monotonically increasing, and giving each range say 1M integers.
> >
> > Another would be to use the same series across all threads. Thats
> > probably simpler.
>
> Bjorn implemented this to improve parallelism, IIRC.

Not quite. I wanted to use LaunchpadObjectFactory to create example data
that I could play with. E.g. a script create-20-persons.py, which would
create 20 person records. Before you could run it once to create 20
persons, but not twice to create 40.

My implementation used uuids, though. Someone else changed it to
integers, since they thought that the generated names were too long.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt