Re: launchpad-buildd split out

On Thursday 10 November 2011 09:46:31 Martin Pool wrote:
> I've just copied what was lib/canonical/buildd into
> lp:launchpad-buildd <https://launchpad.net/launchpad-buildd> and soon
> I'm going to propose a merge to launchpad that makes this a dependency
> and deletes the code from the Launchpad tree.  I've already (I think)
> removed all the code-level coupling.

\o/

Thanks for doing this Martin!

> Still to be done:
>  * launchpad needs to treat this as a dependency; i'm thinking
> probably to make it a dpkg dependency because it's not really a lot
> like a python egg

I'm not entirely sure it needs to be a run-time dependency; if it is it should
be an optional one since the vast majority of LP runs without it.  It should
definitely be a testing dependency though.  I don't know how to do that with
dpkg dependencies.

>  * launchpad needs to call in to it to run its tests

We need to be *super* careful that we don't break buildd now it's separate.
The coupling between the buildd-manager and the slave code is far too high and
it's easily broken :(

Cheers