Re: mhonarc archive latency - lets order list archives in ascending rather than descending date (for now)

On 30 November 2011 00:05, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I propose that the UI impact of messages appearing very slowly is
> worse than the UI impact of messages being in oldest-first order.
>
> WDYT ?

I agree. It also causes a support burden. When someone asks about
mailing list problems and the archive is lagging it makes diagnosis
harder. Having a reliable and prompt archive should make it easier to
determine if the problem is likely to be that their email has not
reached the list or if it has been rejected or is awaiting moderation.