Re: confusion about status of launchpad-buildd, plus buildbot updates

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 09 December 2011 12:34:09 Gary Poster wrote:
>> My tentative conclusions:
>> - launchpad-buildd is supposed to be installed everywhere, but it is not.
>> - relatedly, it is not part of the launchpad-dependencies metapackage
>> (confirmed
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~launchpad-committers/meta-lp-deps/trunk/view/he
>> ad:/debian/control
>> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Elaunchpad-committers/meta-lp-deps/trunk/vie
>> w/head:/debian/control> ) but it should be.
>> - if the tests don't find launchpad-buildd, they cope, either by hiding
>> the tests or by going down some code path.
>
> The tests rely on the python-lpbuildd package, launchpad-buildd is what gets
> installed on the actual slaves IIRC.
>
>> Julian could not confirm these conclusions.  Could Martin, William, or
>> someone else confirm?  If we know what needs to be done, we can find
>> someone to do it.
>
> launchpad-buildd does not need to be installed, python-lpbuildd does.  Does
> this fit with your observations at all?

I had launchpad-buildd 110-0~48 installed and got these failures:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/763881/

When I upgraded launchpad-buildd to 111-0~49 the tests passed.  When I
then uninstalled launchpad-buildd the tests continued to pass.

So it would seem that either 110-0~48 was bad or my system was in a bad
state that was cured by uninstalling or installing launchpad-buildd.

The 110-0~48 version seems to not be available any longer so I can't
reinstall it to see if the test failures return.

--
Benji York