Re: Bug tracker display options survey results

On 12/16/2011 02:14 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Dan Harrop-Griffiths <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Also showing up fairly highly under ‘Essential’:
>>
>> -Package/Project/Series name: 33.3%.

>> Given these findings, I’d recommend that we include ‘Status, Bug
>> number, Importance and Package/Project/Series display in the first
>> results line in the bug tracker.
>>
> While I'd hate to argue with data, I still suspect that this
> information is only useful in certain contexts. i.e. contexts where
> the listed bugs come from different code bases. Showing the project
> name on every bug in the bug listing for a project will always be a
> bad idea.
Same here. I appreciate seeing the project name when I look at the list
of bugs I'm subscribed to, but it's noise when I look at the recent bugs
filed against bzr, for example.

You say "... in the first results line". Does that mean bug result
listings will be two lines per bug, rather than one (as they are in
Launchpad the moment) ?

Cheers,

Jelmer