Re: Bug tracker display options survey results

On 17/12/11 00:14, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Dan Harrop-Griffiths <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Also showing up fairly highly under ‘Essential’:
>>
>> -Package/Project/Series name: 33.3%.

>> Given these findings, I’d recommend that we include ‘Status, Bug
>> number, Importance and Package/Project/Series display in the first
>> results line in the bug tracker.
>>

> While I'd hate to argue with data, I still suspect that this
> information is only useful in certain contexts. i.e. contexts where
> the listed bugs come from different code bases. Showing the project
> name on every bug in the bug listing for a project will always be a
> bad idea.

Right, I suspect many of the people surveyed deal with Ubuntu a lot. In
that case the package name is often relevant. But in the cases where the
context is all the same (DistributionSourcePackage:+bugs,
SourcePackage:+bugs, Product:+bugs, ProductSeries:+bugs), they are just
noise and should not be shown.