Re: timelines at your fingertips

On 16 December 2011 17:27, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fantastic, thank you!
>
> At first I didn't even notice that it worked, because the added text was
> below the visible page.  But after that, it took only a glance to spot a >1s
> optimization opportunity on an important page.  Very useful.

Thanks, I'm really glad it was useful.

There are at least two js/html things that can be improved:

 * It doesn't scroll down to show the timeline when you click it.  I
did that before and didn't like it, but the current one also doesn't
make it very obvious anything actually happened.

 * Apparently it doesn't work well on firefox.

Patches welcome...

Also, this is landed on sufferance from Robert because it's
conceptually redundant with other code that renders timelines in
++profile++.  They need to be generalized and unified.

--
Martin