Re: confusion about status of launchpad-buildd, plus buildbot updates

This thread is pretty old and perhaps there's nothing more for me to
say other than

On 10 December 2011 11:16, William Grant <william.grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't think buildbot should auto-update, or we're likely to break
> production. There's more value in trying to catch forgotten upgrades on
> buildbot than ec2, because buildbot uses CAT just like production.

I think we ought to distinguish things that are done manually because
the person in the loop is doing useful policy, from things that are
just not automated for no good reason.  Promoting packages in to CAT
has sysadmin oversight.  Once it's been signed off for CAT, perhaps it
can automatically roll to buildbot etc.

--
Martin