Re: Fwd: [Launchpad-users] Request from Leo's owner to fix the leo-editor trunk (or trunk2) branch

On 12/22/2011 12:01 PM, curtis Hovey wrote:
> On 12/22/2011 11:43 AM, Gary Poster wrote:
>> Anyone (Aaron?) have any ideas on what we can do to help them?
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> -------- Original Message -------- Subject: [Launchpad-users]
>> Request from Leo's owner to fix the leo-editor trunk (or trunk2)
>> branch Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:22:15 -0500 From: Edward K. Ream
>> <edreamleo@xxxxxxxxx> To: launchpad-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am Edward Ream, the owner of the Leo project. Launchpad has
>> been great for the Leo project, but recently we have run into
>> problems due to a mistaken commit of a huge file.  Deleting that
>> file (bzr delete) has not helped.
>
> Some details might be missing because the I think the fix is
> obvious.
>
> As the owner of a series branch I have mistakenly committed files
> and pushed to lp. I uncommitted, then reverted the changes locally,
> the pushed the branch using the overwrite option. The file is not
> in the revision history. Eg.
>
> lp:gdp maps the to current series, which has the my branch
> lp:~sinzui/gdp/trunk I have a local copy, but I could have pulled
> it back down cd trunk bzr uncommit bzr revert bzr push --overwrite
>
> Several uncommits and reverts may be needed to pop the stack.

My questions based on the original post:

 - I don't know what he means by "bzr delete".  Does he mean bzr rm?
I'm assuming so, and that this is what you are assuming.

 - Are the concerns for stacking unfounded?

To make sure I understand your email:

 - Using bzr rm was a mistake.

 - Use uncommit/revert/push --overwrite as you described instead and
it should work out fine, including stacking.  If they have commits
since the bad one that they want to keep, IIRC uncommit lets them know
what to do to recommit the later revisions.

Did I understand correctly?

Thanks

Gary