Re: Fwd: [Launchpad-users] Request from Leo's owner to fix the leo-editor trunk (or trunk2) branch

On 12/22/2011 12:18 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
> My questions based on the original post:
>
>  - I don't know what he means by "bzr delete".  Does he mean bzr rm?
> I'm assuming so, and that this is what you are assuming.
>
>  - Are the concerns for stacking unfounded?

No.

> To make sure I understand your email:
>
>  - Using bzr rm was a mistake.
>
>  - Use uncommit/revert/push --overwrite as you described instead and
> it should work out fine, including stacking.  If they have commits
> since the bad one that they want to keep, IIRC uncommit lets them know
> what to do to recommit the later revisions.
>
> Did I understand correctly?

Yes.

Stacked branches that have the removed revisions will show there is an
issue using
  bzr missing
I think
  bzr update
may address the issue. The owner of each bad branch may need to start a
new branch and merge their specific revisions into it.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui