Re: Milestone tags

On 12/19/2011 01:53 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:21 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks Rob.  I agree with your general observations.  We have wondered if a
>> larger rethinking of our modeling would lead to a better design, eventually.
>>  We've even tried to do some of that rethinking in our discussions about
>> this topic.
>>
>> That said, the discussions led to this proposal.  I am optimistic that this
>> proposal seems to strike an acceptable balance between pragmatism and good
>> feature design.  I'm encouraged by the approval of the domain expert,
>> Curtis, who started the idea; Matthew; and Danilo, who said that it could
>> address multiple needs for his team.
>>
>> Brad asked me if we should still proceed, after reading your concerns.  I
>> understood your last paragraph, plus the approval of the other people I
>> mentioned, as sufficient blessing to do so.  We won't be able to roll it out
>> until January anyway because of the DB schedule, so that should work out
>> fine as long as the end result of our conversation does not discard much of
>> the work we will have done by then.
>
> Yup - If I was confident that the direction was wrong, I'd be willing
> to say so, even if my being on leave led to a stall in the work. I
> have, at most, feelings and concerns.... Having the feature roughly
> usable when we talk will in fact make it easier to reason about -
> there will be less speculation, and it can be test driven.
>
> (Have I mentioned I'd love everything in LP to be taggable, both by
> the owner, and in private collections?)
>
> -Rob

Hi Rob.  We are in a transition week from maintenance to features.  If
we can get this landed exactly as we planned it or with minimal changes,
we will be able to fit it in.  If not, we'll need to hand off the work
when we get to the Epic.  Meanwhile, we are proceeding to get work done
and landed (including the DB patch, hopefully Wed. morning).

Can we talk sometime soon about this?

Thanks

Gary