Re: Milestone tags

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:21 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Rob.  I agree with your general observations.  We have wondered if a
> larger rethinking of our modeling would lead to a better design, eventually.
>  We've even tried to do some of that rethinking in our discussions about
> this topic.
>
> That said, the discussions led to this proposal.  I am optimistic that this
> proposal seems to strike an acceptable balance between pragmatism and good
> feature design.  I'm encouraged by the approval of the domain expert,
> Curtis, who started the idea; Matthew; and Danilo, who said that it could
> address multiple needs for his team.
>
> Brad asked me if we should still proceed, after reading your concerns.  I
> understood your last paragraph, plus the approval of the other people I
> mentioned, as sufficient blessing to do so.  We won't be able to roll it out
> until January anyway because of the DB schedule, so that should work out
> fine as long as the end result of our conversation does not discard much of
> the work we will have done by then.

Yup - If I was confident that the direction was wrong, I'd be willing
to say so, even if my being on leave led to a stall in the work. I
have, at most, feelings and concerns.... Having the feature roughly
usable when we talk will in fact make it easier to reason about -
there will be less speculation, and it can be test driven.

(Have I mentioned I'd love everything in LP to be taggable, both by
the owner, and in private collections?)

-Rob