Re: Getting rid of Ubuntu archive admin shell access

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 10:49:17PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I probably haven't kept up with everything that can be done through the API,
> but when I'm doing New processing (since I don't have shell access), I'm doing
> it through the web U/I.  One thing this lacks is the ability to override
> section, component, or priority differently for different binary packages in the
> same upload.  This means one can't accept kernels through the web U/I and
> there are other issues as well (usually it involves needing to override a new
> binary into Main where some packages are (and should be) in Universe.

Yes, that's https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/828649.  While I
know the Launchpad people consider it a bug in the UI too, I suspect
that it will be easier to fix for our purposes by way of a new API - as
Julian notes, that page has been hard to get right.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]