Re: YUI sandboxes, event propagation and global namespaces

>> --
>
> So Rick and I worked on this all day.  Event listening works sometimes
> and doesn't at other times, depending on how many YUI().use blocks are
> involved.  We're really hitting core js architectural problems on
> Launchpad the more we work on this.  I think the rabbit hole is too
> deep to get all of this fixed before getting a working combo loader.
> Launchpad has too many bolted on js-design patterns, many of which
> compete with each other.
>
> We should turn back the clock a bit and return to a single shared YUI
> instance for Launchpad.  This will get Ian unblocked on landing stuff

Deryck, Rick,

Thanks for the effort in helping move forward with this. I'm very happy
we're going back to the single YUI instance for now, to save introducing
more tech debt. I'm also happy there was a legitimate issue since that
means I wasn't going crazy. Yes, the cases I was working on all involved
more than 2 YUI instances and so there was no other simply implemented,
"easy" solution apart from global events.

FYI, here's some bugs which I know (and in one case only suspect) are
related to the issue in this thread and which can be linked to your branch:

923619
923973
922462 (I'll keep this one and will update my branch once your stuff lands).

I had also assigned myself to 923619. I'll take my name off that one.