Re: Plan to migrate Blueprint work items from whiteboards

Hi Francis,

On 06/02/12 13:57, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
On 12-02-03 02:28 PM, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
Hi,

So, we had a chat with Matt earlier this week and while we work on the
user-testing for the team-based report we'd like to present our plan to
migrate the work items from the whiteboard to the new table. This is
roughly how we see this happening:

Hi Salgado,

It's great to see you and Linaro contribute this to Launchpad.

I don't think Matt raised that already with you, but there is a new
policy under discussion that might have an impact on that project:
https://dev.launchpad.net/PolicyAndProcess/MaintenanceCosts

This will clearly add to the maintenance costs of Launchpad (it's one of
the primary benefit to Linaro, so that more of the work-item tracker is
maintained in Launchpad instead of your own tools). Can you investigate
the possibility of offsetting some maintenance costs elsewhere so that
overall this new feature becomes a neutral addition to our maintenance
burden?

I think that would be fine; I'll try to confirm today or tomorrow and will let you know.

BTW, I had a quick look at some blueprints bugs and found https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/735970 (+specworkload times out for teams).

After some investigation it turns out that +specworkload shows, for a person, the same BPs that are shown on blueprints.lp.net/~person. The difference being that the former has extra columns for the role the person plays on that BP and the latter has a way to filter the list. For teams +specworkload shows a list of team members with a BP table for every member whereas bp.lp.net/~team shows only the BPs where the team itself is the assignee/drafter/approver. I'm thinking that maybe we could get rid of +specworkload and change the default BlueprintLayer page for teams to include specs where the team members play a role as well, just in case anyone actually uses +specworkload and objects to it being removed.

So, do you think this would be a change that would offset the maintenance costs added by our work-item stuff?

Guilherme Salgado <https://launchpad.net/~salgado>