Re: RFC: either remove 'Ubuntu CoC signing required' for PPA use, or enforce it consistently

On Sunday 12 February 2012 13:09:39 Robert Collins wrote:
> At the moment, we require the Ubuntu CoC to be signed to create and
> use a PPA as an individual. As a member of a team, there is no such
> requirement.
>
> (Note that private PPAs w/commercial entitlements are arguably
> different, so I'm not talking about them at all here).
>
> I believe jml has in the past said that the CoC requirement wasn't all
> that useful - it occurs to me that we can make LP PPA's easier to get
> going with if we drop it entirely; if we are not willing to do that,
> then I think we really have to fix the use-via-team hole, or we'll be
> tangling ourselves up in knots to justify keeping this
> partial-enforced rule.
>
> Any strong objections or concerns any which way?

Fixing the hole should be fairly trivial, so let's do it (remembering to not
enforce for private/commercial PPAs).

I would also look at the original reasons for having this requirement before
removing it.

Cheers