Re: disabling longpoll

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Ian Booth <ian.booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We've spent time developing it and it provides very much wanted
> functionality. I do hope that "disable" doesn't mean turn it off and
> delete in a few months once everyone forgets about it. There's already a
> large sunk cost in getting it this far, how much work is required to get
> it over the line? Is that something the maintenance squad could pick up?

The LEP links to the bugs, you can have a read and make an assessment.

This is very much in the inventory bucket:
 - it was semi funded as part of derived distros
 - 9 months or so after that finished, its stalled
 - it is less important than malfunctioning released projects
 - it is *feature* work, not maintenance work. (That is, it shouldn't
vampire the scare resource of folk keeping LP afloat).

Of course, someone could pick it up in their personal time, but the
work still needs to be done, to a sufficiently good level that issues
like the current ones don't suck up support, developer and operational
time.

-Rob