Re: disabling longpoll

On 12-02-17 01:55 PM, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> I view it as a work in progress that isn't complete.  Not as stalled work.
>
> Even if you disagree, I think there's a whole spectrum between "we
> *must* resource it *now*" or "we *must* disable it *now*".  I guess
> I'm arguing for a discussion about how to resource and that it's
> better enabled than disabled until we can resource it. But I take your
> points that it's incomplete and not ready for release. I agree on
> that.

So what remains is documented with the tag:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+bugs?field.tag=longpoll

Most of the items there are ops related.

The only crucial item is the #906482 which is the connection-related
bug. The proposed solution is to move this a wildcard domain. It
requires some work in the way the client side is hooked up since we'll
be crossing domains. (So needs JS injection from the server basically.)

Since this unfinished project is becoming tech-debt, completing (or
removing) this project is fair-game for the squad on maintenance.

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx