Derived distributions of Ubuntu development milestones

Hello,

The CE Infrastructure team would like to use derived distributions to create snapshots of each Ubuntu development milestone starting with Precise Beta1 (if possible). These snapshots would be used by our engineering teams to build "stable" project images while the release, itself, is still being developed.

As I understand it, our team would be one of the users of derived distributions (the feature is currently being used to derive Ubuntu from Debian, no?) and that carries a bit of risk with it, but I think I'm okay with that. Even if we can't use it for Beta1, this seems to be a good long term solution.

If you think this is a legitimate and even plausible use of this feature, let us know, we'd be happy to beta test :) Thanks!

-tim

Follow ups