Re: Launchpad on Precise

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Elliot Murphy
<elliot.murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Deryck Hodge <deryck.hodge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It looks to me like launchpad-messagequeue-dependencies wants
>> postgresql-doc-8.4 which is not installable. I have no idea what "not
>> installable" means or how to fix it.
>
> There is probably a better way, but when I hit one of these messages I
> then try to directly install the package that is "not installable",
> and usually get a better error message at that point that points to
> *why* it is not installable.
>
> On my precise machine, the postgresql-doc-8.4 package does not exist,
> only postgresql-doc and postgresql-doc-9.1. If you really need
> postgresql-doc-8.4, it can probably be copied into your PPA from an
> older ubuntu release.
> --

Thanks for the reply, Elliot.

sinzui also helped me on IRC, by suggesting I get the postgres 8.4
packages in oneiric directly. I've done this and am at least moving
forward again. Still tracking down individual packages to get
completly running, but at least I'm going again.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge