Re: Filtering out conjoined/private bugs in python with no extra DB queries

On 03/21/2012 04:37 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> can you just search on productseries (and not product) or do you
> really have both product and series targeted bugs targeted to the same
> milestones? That would let you defer diving into bugSearch while still
> meeting your goals...
>  -  milestones are meant to have the same toplevel|series split tasks
> have, so probably this is more of that tech debt we raised during the
> discussion about milestones a few months back.
>  - OnlySeriesTasks would remove the non-series bugtasks and conjoined
> masters anyway, and that is in the list of things Ubuntu wants done,..
>
> I'll try and find you on IRC, to get a better understanding of the use
> case involved.

I doubt that will work because of bug searching ignore the container
relationships between pillar, series, and milestone:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/314432
Though I think I illustrated the problem better on the duplicate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/423692

In summary. A milestone has to have a series. The bugs that affect are
series are obviously the milestone bugs plus those targeted to the
series, but bug searches ignore that.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui