Re: Help please - launchpadlib collections

> On 12-04-12 06:18 PM, Ian Booth wrote:
>
>> dir(lp) will list the services for sure, but also everything else
>> as well. Having the top level collection 'services' provides a
>> namespace of sorts which I think is necessary.
>
> Could you explain why you think it's necessary?  So far, I thought you
> were saying that discoverability is nice-to-have.

It is a nice to have and is not strictly necessary now when there's only
one service. But later when there are more, I think it will become more
important. As an extreme example, we wouldn't want to do away with the
distributions collection and have all the distros as top level entries.
I see no difference between that and services. That's my opinion based
on past experience anyway.