Re: imperatives in bugs considered harmful - even for short lived workitems

On 13 April 2012 12:37, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm changing it now to 'Launchpad discards email non-delivery reports'
> which describes the problem, is clear (to folk that understand SMTP
> and the related tech) where the problem lies (vs 'needs bounce
> handling' which could mean pretty much anything).

- it's longer

- you expanded "bounce" to "email non-delivery reports", but I can't
believe anyone relevant to this wouldn't recognize the term, and it's
easier to search for 'bounce'.

- it's factually inaccurate because launchpad (the software product)
is not actually discarding them - it never sees them

- it doesn't say anything more about _why_ you would want this (cf
stating the problem is lp keeps sending undeliverable mail), and still
invites the question "yes, so what?"

Obviously Robert thinks this style is better, but to me it's just more
verbose and the changes are churn.

--
Martin