Re: Submitting a patch docs missing info about QA process

On 16 April 2012 03:09, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do not think casual contributors should be doing their own QA unless they
> actually want to do it, or if it's a complex change that requires special
> knowledge. *cough* soyuz *cough*
>
> QA can be a very painful part of the process in developing for LP and we
> should be helping contributors, not alienating them.

Very much +1. If we want to encourage contributions from outside the
LP team then we need to be as helpful and hand-holdy as possible to
newcomers. LP is a scary beast to code for (hell, I've been doing it
nigh on 5 years and I still get frightened); no point in making it
harder than it needs to be for folks who want to get involved.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D
http://launchpad.net/~gmb