Re: Submitting a patch docs missing info about QA process

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Graham Binns <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 16 April 2012 03:09, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I do not think casual contributors should be doing their own QA unless they
>> actually want to do it, or if it's a complex change that requires special
>> knowledge. *cough* soyuz *cough*
>>
>> QA can be a very painful part of the process in developing for LP and we
>> should be helping contributors, not alienating them.
>
> Very much +1. If we want to encourage contributions from outside the
> LP team then we need to be as helpful and hand-holdy as possible to
> newcomers. LP is a scary beast to code for (hell, I've been doing it
> nigh on 5 years and I still get frightened); no point in making it
> harder than it needs to be for folks who want to get involved.

Cool. I can't quite figure out how to write this up on the dev wiki,
and would very much appreciate it if one of the Canonical
Launchpadders could do so. There needs to be something about QA
because anyone submitting patches to LP actually cares about getting
them released, not about getting them landed.

Thanks,
jml